Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pet Allergies

Today I received a Keurig (by the cup) coffee maker, so here I am in the middle of the night blogging instead of sleeping {8-O

Today I researched dog allergies due to a few dogs I've visited exhibiting some symptoms such as Scratching a lot, spots with no hair and red spots and/or dry skin, etc. Some of the symptoms are seasonal which is indicative of atopic dermatitis. There are treatments for the symptoms though the allergy will never go away. Benedryl can cut down on the itching which irritates the sking, but consult your veterinarian before administering any medicine. If giving your pooch the wrong dose it could be toxic to him and hurt him instead of helping him. Look on my Facebook for more info about allergies (link on my website).


Allergies, though annoying and sometimes painful if untreated, aren't usually a medical emergency. If, however, the allergy causes respiratory distress or any other extreme reaction, consult your veterinarian immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment